Bible Law Index
of the LAWS, STATUTES, and
JUDGMENTS of GOD
OT= Old Testament
NT = New Testament
V. RESPONSIBILITIES TOWARD MAN: Employer-Employee Relations
- Duties towards employees.
- OT=Lev. 19:13; Deut. 24:14-15; Jer. 22:13; Mal.
- NT=James 5:4
- Hired servants.
- OT=Deut. 24:14
- NT=Col. 4:1; I Peter 2:18
- Daily payment of wages required.
- OT= Lev. 19:13; Deut. 24:15
- Just wages required.
- Withholding of wages forbidden.
- Duties of masters and servants.
- OT=Lev. 22:10
- NT=Eph. 6:5-9; I Tim.
- Duties of masters and slaves
- Israel not to enslave brethern ( Israelites ) for life.
- OT=Ex. 21:2-6; Lev. 25:39-43; Deut.
- To be hired servants, not bond servants.
- To be freed in the seventh year.
- Unless they desire to serve for life.
- OT=Ex. 21:5-6; Deut.
- Rights of a daughter sold as a slave.
- Israel may possess other nations as slaves.
- An Israelite enslaved for debt may be redeamed at any time.
- A fugitive slave to be protected.
- The penalty for killing a slave.
- A slave injured by his master must be set free.
- The money value of a slave's life.
- A slave may share in the family's religion.
- OT=Ex. 12:43-45;
Go to RESPONSIBILITIES Toward
Go back to Title